Saturday, November 24, 2007

a few things...

first:
no, i was not concerned about my health when i got my lungs x-rayed. i had that done as a REQUIREMENT to work for the government of france in the school systems.
i went out last night with some friends of mine who are french, and who play rugby, and they informed me that my french is at such a level that they feel comfortable calling me bilingual. to quote them "you understand everything we say, when we're speaking we don't change what we say for you, and we understand what you say to us every time. so pretty much, you can speak french"
and i thought that was awesome.
this was after all of the assistants got together for thanksgiving dinner at our friend brittany's house. there were nine of us total, each bringing a dish. i brought mashed potatoes and wine, alyson brought green bean casserole, jen brough corn and wine, brittany was in charge of the turkey, joanna brought stuffing (actually, i did too), stephanie brought salad, the other stephanie brought veggies (including squash!), whitney MADE AN APPLE PIE and brought a couple others.
all in all it was quite the feast and it was quite a fun time. i think for all of us, it was exactly what we needed. a few americans, some great food, a few glasses of wine, and hours of conversation. although the night before i was close to tears after speaking with my family, this made me feel better about the night.
so after this, jen and i met up with the rugby friends, and this is where i found out my french is apparently awesome. so go me.
now alyson and i are awaiting the arrival of bryan to watch movies.
catch y'all on the flip side.

No comments: