Friday, February 1, 2008

ALMOST BREAK!!! ALMOST BREAK!!!

so. here we are. it's the first of february. i have vacation starting... friday. i've got monday - 5 classes (but two are the exact same lesson), tuesday - six classes, wednesday - no classes, thursday - all day meeting with my bosses - one of whom is heinous and should really just quit the job, friday - two classes (but they are the exact same, and it's making up for me being sick last thursday as well). then i've got friday night which is mojito night at a local bar, saturday afternoon i head up to paris to stay there for the night, sunday morning grab my parents at 6am from the airport, to return back here to tours. spend the next two nights here with the rentals, then head up to paris tuesday night, spend my time in paris until saturday, when i fly up to scotland for a six day stint there on my own.
the time between now and the last time i posted has been alright - the curious george lesson has been a hit with the kids, although my boss didnt' get it. which is funny, because she was there when my other boss and i laid out the plans for what was going on. she observed me, after showing up 20 minutes late to the lesson, insisted on shaking my hand while the students were working which was awkward, and said "i don't understand this book thing" i got so mad i started crying and said i discussed this with your colleague. we planned it out ourselves. and she was like well i didn't know that from this one day lesson plan you have for me. you should plan better. which is when i said "i've done this lesson 7 times with all of my other classes. this is the last one. if you want to see the others you can. but i thought the lesson plans were for me. i know what i'm doing." and she said "yes but i don't know" and i said "well i'm sorry but i don't think 25 minutes of 1 of my classes is enough to judge an entire unit." she dropped it at that.
i was relieved to find out, from one of my teachers, that this boss of mine has such a horrible reputation that one of my teacher's friends (also a teacher) refused to take the administrative better pay position with this woman because she is so awful. apparently she not only talks down to the assistants, but to her colleagues. i almost cried again because i was relieved to find out it wasn't just me.
other than that, classes have been great. i've got one group of kids that's completely out of control, but it's alright. i'll get through it.
so for the upcoming week i have review lessons planned, to try and see how much we've retained in our curious george stories. hooray.
alright i'm beat, running errands was tiring today. plus jen and i have to do laundry tomorrow. ohhhh boy.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: