Friday, August 24, 2007

moving right along

Still in the states, as I'm sure many of you are aware of. However, I do have:
all of my paperwork from the dept. of labor
a visa
a translation of my birth certificate
and funds.

all I need now is a place to live. Which seems ridiculous, because I have been focusing most of my time on finding a home. I've contacted several people looking for roommates, and had someone who agreed to send me pictures of the apartment, but has yet to do that. Quite frustrating. I have also contacted the heads of my department at the school for help, but since they are on holiday, they are not responding. Yehaw.

All in all, I'm excited. I have a list of the other assistants in the area, and some information on transportation. I figure worse comes to worse, I just live in a hostel for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say (on dit) that everyone in France and most of Europe I guess is on vacation in August, so it's probably hard to get anything done. Hope you have some success after next week--it would stress me out! Good luck!

Chrysal's Adventures said...

most of europe is on holiday right now but school should be restarting soon. it already started back by me... although at the moment i am back in the states.

if i gan give you some advice it would be to live in a hostel first. its a great way to meet people plus you really should see the flat first. i just got out of one of the lousiest living situations and i knew the girls i was living with. it really is best to see the flat first before you sign a lease. the slightest things from mice to broken washing machines as well as crazy people can happen. trust me i know...