Wednesday, January 9, 2008

my name is hilary park



and i have a pink scarf. i bought it today because it's pink and has silver sparkly thread in it and really, it made me wicked happy. i am wearing it around my apartment because it makes me happy. no need to judge. it's awesome.
see? awesome happy pink scarf. with lifeguard sweatshirt option. jen's across the table from me messing with her cell phone and alyson is watching that go down. we just finished a mass lesson prep thing. made some review exercises. word searches are my best friends. so are jumbles. and matching exercises. we are now discussing men and love and differences in cultures. well, they are. i'm not because i'm blogging. and multi-tasking is not my forte. today was a day of: sleeping until 9. then again until 1030 after deciding that 9 was way too early to be up on my day off, especially considering i had 9 total hours of sleep from sunday morning to tuesday night. it was a rough time. then i got up and ate some yogurt and cereal, cleaned, organized, then i was off. france telecom to figure out my phone bill, dealt with an extremely nice lady, and then some shopping therapy (there are 30-70 percent off sales all over this city) which was awesome. home to find the number of a doctor - you know, despite this country being ridiculously more expensive than the US, it cost me about 7 euros 50 centimes for three packs of pills. three. in the states, for name brand, it's about 30 -40 dollars for ONE. wow. went to the doctor. went to some more stores. bought myself a pink scarf. and it was good. a little chocolate and a lot of dinner later i was making lesson plans and listening to music.
today was a day that i did entirely by myself. all alone. and i was awesome. tomorrow is a full day of 5 classes, but i don't work friday. although at 10 i have to remember how to get to my boss' office. i made an appointment with them so i could change my schedule, and also to ask them why we aren't given any sort of curriculum with the materials we are supposed to be teaching our kids. bitch at them a little.
who knows what the weekend holds. hopefully more fun with this pink scarf. kid you not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog! Very cool, I find you funny!
J.A.